The Tampa Bay History Center is currently seeking a part-time Visitor Services Associate for our front desk and museum store.
The Visitor Services Associate will be the first direct point of contact with all visitors including walk-up guests, tour groups, museum store customers and members. This highly visible position requires outstanding communication skills and an outgoing, proactive personality in order to provide the best possible first impression to our guests and positively represent the museum.
- Provides exemplary customer service to all visitors, members and customers
- Sells tickets and store merchandise using TAM POS software at register. Processes cash, credit card and check sales.
- Sells memberships and can knowledgeably discuss the levels and the benefits of each.
- Assists visitors with parking-related processes
- Assure that store merchandise is attractively displayed and well stocked. Assure that the store appearance is neat and orderly
- Provides information to visitors regarding current and future exhibitions, events, educational programs, lectures and the like.
- Answers main phone line. Responds to inquiries regarding exhibitions, programs, events and general visitor information. Routes calls as necessary.
- Looks out for and alerts manager to any issues or problems that may arise that could impact a visitor’s experience to the museum.
- Replenishes necessary collateral material and supplies. Notifies manager when supply is running low.
- Maintains clean, organized and professional desk area.
- Assists other departments as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must sincerely enjoy working with the public
- Able to communicate pleasantly and professionally with visitors and customers of all ages, members and Museum staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Comfortable taking initiative
- Enthusiasm and interest in history and/or the humanities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experienced and comfortable using computers. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Warm, outgoing and professional personality
- High degree of courtesy and excellent verbal communications skills
- Superior customer service skills and a desire to make each visitor’s experience the best it can be
- Must be able to work on weekends, including some holidays and evenings on occasion
- Reports promptly and reliably to work on all scheduled days
- Willingness to help where needed
- Must have reliable transportation
High school diploma or the equivalent required.
At least one year of customer service and cash handling experience
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Maria Steijlen, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com.
THE TAMPA BAY HISTORY CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER