- This event has passed.
History Adventure Camp: Archaeology Mysteries
June 26 @ 9:00 am – June 30 @ 4:00 pm
Dig in to Florida’s past when wooly mammoths roamed free. Get your hands dirty as archaeologists show you how to use prehistoric tools and uncover what life was like for Florida’s very first people! Visit historic Ybor City to find out how immigrants lived 100 years ago.
Camps are open to ages 7-11 and may include arts & crafts, Tampa streetcar ride, field trip to a nearby cultural site or museum, guest speaker, museum insiders tour, playground and waterplay day in nearby Cotanchobee Park, and a take-home memory book. Camps are led by experienced educators dedicated to providing unique and engaging experiences campers won’t soon forget.
• For boys and girls ages 7-11. Campers must be within the age range allowed for each camp during the week(s) of their camp.
• Camp hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Extended care available from 8-9 a.m. and 4-5:30 p.m. for an additional fee
• Camp registration is handled on a first-come, first-served basis
• Camps may include Tampa streetcar ride, field trip to nearby cultural site/museum, guest speaker, museum store visit, museum behind the scenes tour, Cotanchobee Park playground and waterplay day and take-home memory book.
• Register on-line, each child and session separately. Camp fills up, so register today!
• If you are interested in having your child attend a TBHC camp but have financial concerns, please contact The Education Department.
Refund Policy: A refund, minus a $25 administrative fee, will be issued if a written cancellation request is received at least 10 business days prior to the first day of camp.