No telephone calls, please. The Tampa Bay History Center
is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- 5+ years of full-cycle accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Experience in non-profits A PLUS.
- Grant management experience A PLUS.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines on a timely basis.
- Excellent team-first attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Candidate will have 5+ years of progressive experience as an accountant
- The individual should possess a proven track record, ability to work independently, organization and time management skills, detail-oriented work ethic, and a quick learner.
- QuickBooks software proficiency required
- 1099 reporting experience required
- Experience with payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable processing required
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required
- Position requires the ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Flexibility to cross-train and cover other duties for other members of accounting.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Responsible for tracking both accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Bookkeeping tasks include receiving payments, making deposits, and reconciling accounts.
- Reconcile bank statements
- Oversee the payroll for the Museum
- Establish good communication and coordinate with department heads, clients, and subcontractors as needed.
- Perform budget preparation and tracking
- Request and track W-9 forms from vendors
- Issue Purchase Orders and Subcontractor Agreement Contracts
- Enter and coordinate input of transactions in accounting program
- Provides thoughtful recommendations for positive changes in the accounting and management operations
- Process annual 1099-NECs
- The Tampa Bay History Center offers a full benefits package, a competitive wage, and a team-driven work environment
Pay: $45,000 to $55,000
Excellent benefits. Send your resume to [email protected]. EOE
The Tampa Bay History Center is seeking a Part-Time or Full-Time Facility Technician. Familiarity with the use of hand tools, painting techniques, basic computer and office equipment is required. Cultural facility, hotel or general property maintenance experience preferred. Although mainly a day-time position applicant must have flexibility to work evenings and weekends. The preferred candidate should be a self-starter, energetic and detailed oriented. A minimum of two years of relevant work experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills is preferred. Benefits available for Full-Time employment only.
Submit resume to [email protected]
No telephone calls please.
Discovering, preserving, and learning from our region’s past to inform our common future.