- 2-3 years of full-cycle accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in non-profits A PLUS.
- Grant management experience A PLUS.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines on a timely basis.
- Excellent team-first attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Candidate will have 2-3 years of progressive experience in accounting
- The individual should possess a proven track record, ability to work independently, organization and time management skills, detail-oriented work ethic, and a quick learner.
- QuickBooks software experience required
- 1099 reporting experience A PLUS.
- Experience with payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable processing required
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required
- Position requires the ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Flexibility to cross-train and cover other duties for other members of accounting.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Responsible for tracking both accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Bookkeeping tasks include receiving payments, making deposits, and reconciling accounts.
- Oversee the payroll processing for the Museum
- Establish good communication and coordinate with department heads, clients, and subcontractors as needed.
- Request and track W-9 forms from vendors
- Provides thoughtful recommendations for positive changes in the accounting and management operations
- Process annual 1099-NECs
- The Tampa Bay History Center offers a full benefits package, a competitive wage, and a team-driven work environment.
Excellent benefits. Send your resume to [email protected]. EOE